Grocery Buy of the week - SAVED #137.26

>> Friday, April 23, 2010

We have just been buying filler items lately since we are pretty well stocked with groceries.  However, Harris Teeter had some pretty good items on sale this week so I could not resist.  They have this Express Lane online shopping service, you can order your groceries online and your shopping will be done for you. You just designate the time you want to pick up your groceries and they’ll be ready! No hassle, no waiting, no need to get out of your car - all for a low service fee of only $4.95 per trip.  I save way more than $4.95 with coupons so I figured it should pay for itself and it did.  It was way cool!

I put the order in at 10:30 AM and they called me at 1:20 PM to tell me the order was ready.  They put it in a refrigerated area until you come to pick it up.  I drove into the Express Lane on may way home to get the kids and was in and out within 8 Minutes by the time they brought it out, loaded up and paid.  WAY COOL- Drive through grocery shopping who would of thunk it!

Bought several items of which were 10 jars of spagetti sauce and alfredo sauce, 6 boxes of cereal, 6 lbs of shrimp, 3 lbs of Salmon, 2 Beef Tenderloins, 4 lbs of strawberries, 3 pks of Rice, 2 boxes of popsicles, 10 Boxes of spagetti and pasta, and way more other stuff....all for the lovely price of $62.39 and best yet didn't have to get out of the car.  I am sooooo doing that next week when there is Triple Coupons to be had.

1 comments:

Rabens Family April 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

I wish we had that, but I don't think the Commissary will ever be that cool. :( Oh well.

Post a Comment