Week #1 of our 5K Training

>> Thursday, March 25, 2010

We were up at 5:00 AM this morning to start our training.  Guy goes first for 1/2 hour and then me.  We can't leave the kids alone you know!  Since Guy already has a history of running his training is a little more advanced than mine.  He warms up for 5-10 minutes with walking, runs 1 minute then walks 1 minute for a total of 20 minutes, then a cool down of 5-10 minutes of walking.  Mine on the other hand is different.  I have the same warm up and cool down but I run 1 minute and walk 3 minutes for 20 minutes.  At the end of the week we have to run/walk One mile regardless of time (although we have to keep track of how long it takes us).

1 comments:

Rabens Family March 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

So the trainer comes to your house? I will have to try the run one minute and walk one minute thing. I could probably do that. Thanks for sharing. Next time I talk to Clay I will have to fill him in on what you guys are doing. He will be so proud of you both. He is becoming a running machine while he is deployed.

Post a Comment